Sunday 9 September 2012

What A GLorious Day.....


A perfect Spring day....the sun was shining and the birds were singing too.....lol.

Oh, and we have 2 baby chickens.
Old mama chook hatched them out.

DH did more gardening and planting and some organizing outside on the gardening front.

After lunch I got stuck into some quilting.

The pinwheel quilt is all quilted and trimmed.


Now just to add the binding.....


I may have gone a touch overboard with all the quilting , but I like it.


I would love to wash this one and see it crinkle up.....


The backing is the background of the top and a piece of the "Ruby" collection that I had.


And another pinwheel quilt in the making.......made from "Domestic Bliss"
It looks better in real life!!

I have been preparing pieces for my next quilt and when I have done more I will have some show and tell.....

Looks like DH and I will be doing some cementing tomorrow morning , then it's off to town for Grandma's doctors appointment in the afternoon.

The girls laid 10 eggs today.

Until Next Time.


 

5 comments:

Simone Harding said...

Too clever with your pin wheel quilting.
I started mine and broke a needle so I stopped

Good on mama chook hope they are hens

Impera Magna said...

Wow... love your quilting on the pinwheel quilt... gorgeous!

Baby chickens! How fun...

Glad to hear spring is arriving... I know you're ready for it...


Anne said...

The pinwheel quilts both look wonderful! Great job! :o)

Grit said...

Your Quilt and your Quilting is so beautiful.
Liebe Grüße Grit

Sarah said...

I don't think you overquilted it at all. I quilted my fireman/arrowhead quilt the same way and I love it crinkled after washing. I really like the colors for your next pinwheels. Don't think I've seen that line in my LQS yet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...