Saturday 28 May 2011

It Was Nice!!

I did spend quite a few hours in the sewing room today. Mum came over as well and sewed a backing together for a 1930's butterfly quilt she made with the blocks I gave her. It will go to the 4 year old that she baby-sits. I did some more tidying and trying to get things sorted out since the floor and skirting and architraves have been finished. My son loves to slide in his socks (it is floating flooring ) which he did when he came checking up on me. Well it was time to come in to start tea anyway, I made home-made sausage-rolls 52 to be exact. There are not many left with 2 growing boys and my Grandma who had some as well. Grandma lives in a granny-flat out the side of our house and has just turned 91 this month. She makes cakes and biscuits for the kids still, and does try to garden while holding on to her walker. If Im still doing that at 91 I will be very happy! Untill next time.

2 comments:

Simone Harding said...

I am loving the look of you blog.
I can only imagine how yummy your sausage rolls are, mmm.
Both you and your mum sound amazing. What an excellent past time to share with your mum.
Looking forward to seeing some of your quilts on your blog soon.
:)

Michelle said...

Yeh me too ! when I can work it out I will get them up there

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...