Saturday 18 January 2014

Good News......


All is well for my brother and dad. 
The CFS has controlled the fires and my brothers fiancé was allowed to go home this morning. 


This picture is from the back of my brothers property. 
Cooks Hill is just black. 
They are very lucky.......
Much luckier than the houses lost on the other side. 

It has rained here all day.......inches...!!!!!!
And it's still raining quite heavily. 
And those frogs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I recorded them today and sent it to my friend. 
And I'm right...she said they sound like ducks. 

On the sewing front I've managed to stitch 3 scrappy trip blocks together. 
Whilst using my 2 1/2" pink squares for my Irish chain border as leaders and enders. 


My leader/ender bits. 


Block 8......


Block 9........


And block 10........

I have found a way that suits me for the unpicking part of this......


I lay the strips out like this......


Then fold them where they are to be unpicked.....then I unpick a few stitches leaving the strips where they are. 
Then sew the ends together......then I don't get confused as to where to unpick. 
( because I do. )
Get confused that is......


And chain stitching them........
Then I just unpick the rest of the seams and press and sew the strips together........
And I have a hassle free block. 

I've also tried to get Zachary moved into grannys room......he's nearly there..!
Just a few things out of his robe and his tv.......
He is sleeping in the new room tonight. 
I vacuumed and steamed the floor in there before we started the move. 

So it's been a busy day at Daisy Hill.....

Until Next Time. 

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Wildfires are frightening... so glad your family is okay and haven't lost any homes. Glad to hear the rain is helping as well... love me some frogs.

You've been quite busy... you've got way more energy than I do these days.

LuAnn said...

Your blocks are beautiful, and I am glad for the rain you are having and that the fires didn't reach your family. Take care.

Shirley said...

Can't wait to see progress on your very pink scrappy trip around the world. I too have problems getting things stitched in the right order. You look to have cracked the situation. Glad your family are safe. What a scary time.

Simone Harding said...

So pleased all is well. Your blocks are amazing. I need to unpick mine and join all those 2 1/2 inch squares as I used scrap pieces. You have inspired me.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...