Saturday 12 November 2011

A Finish And A Start



This is what I have been doing today.
Other than the washing.

 This is how I am making my apples.
If you look at Sue Daley Designs or her website  patchworkwithbusyfingers she has a tutorial on them.
 In the above photo centre paper on fabric.

 Glue down the ends, being careful not to make points.

 Then glue pieces together.

 Then applique together.
 Then keep adding and gluing and adding and sewing and gluing....... you get the picture.

 Then you will get something like this.
Take out the papers as you go.

A close up.

 Mum has finished her quilt.
She was very happy.

And she has the other one up on the design wall and half sewn.

An update of the babies.
They are enjoing some spinach.

Gorgeous.

The girls layed 15 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

2 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Hand sewing apple cores together? Oh my... I thought you could do those on a machine! My hat's off to you tho...

Congratulations to your mother on such a great finish! She a speedy sewist!

Ellen said...

Your apple cores are really growing and they look great. Thanks for the mini tute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...