Tuesday 24 April 2012

It's Cold Enough.....


.......to freeze the balls off a brass monkey !!!!!
After a frost this morning , the sun came out and the sky was blue and I thought it was going to be a nice day.
Wrong!!
The sky didn't stay blue for very long.
It is so bloody cold.
It has looked like rain all day.
And it has tried to rain a few times too.

DH and I did a few errands today.
Over to Nyah West to go to the chemist.
Then to the Nyah general store to check the mail and get some things for DH's fishing trip.
He has had this planned for quite a while , it's an annual thing.
I actually stated my blog last year when they went. ( they went in May last year )
They are going to freeze their toe's and other things off at Mt. Buller.
Camping in the mountains this time of year , no thank you !
At least he is going with some really good friends he has known forever , so if he has another
"episode " they will look after him.
He is feeling much better now.

Mum called in today with some old family photo's that where in Aunty Fay's things.
I don't think my cousins wanted them.
But they will have a very loving home until I die.
The original Wedding photo of my great Grandparents who both died very young leaving 5 young children to be cared for by various relations.
My Grandma being the eldest at 14. Grandma Linda was my mums mum and she died when I was 14.
There are some photo's that I haven't seen before.
There is one there that is of me when I was pregnant with Zachary that I didn't even know that Aunty Fay had taken.
We have quite a few family tree books , four different ones on Mum's side and one on Dad's side.
I love the history and just to read about their lives is great.
I should have been born 150 years ago.....

Mum also has finished 3 more Rose Stars.

no.13

no.14

no.15


And all 15 blocks on the design wall.

No sewing today.
I have been reading "The Witness " by Nora Roberts.

The girls layed 7 eggs today.


Until Next Time.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I had to check your weather report because it's cold here too. We are getting snow mixed with rain and they are calling for a high of 7c but it has only reached 2c at this point. It certainly is a little cooler than normal. I think we are both feeling the chill!!

Sarah said...

How very lucky for you to inherit those photos - especially the great grandparents wedding photo.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...