Wednesday 14 March 2012

Busy Sewing

Mum has finished her 1st Rose Star block.


Pink's , brown's and cream.


And I cut out another block for her.
The middle bit is basted that's why it looks weird.

I have nearly finished another Rose Star too.
Photo tomorrow.
I have also been sorting out strips that have been cut for years.
I had this huge pile of pink and pinkish strips cut for Bonnie Hunters Scrappy Bargello.
So today I worked out how big I wanted to make it and counted out the strips.
All 400 of them.
Then I counted out the strips for her Many Trips Around The World too.
I do have one block made for that .
So now I have two more quilt " kits " ready to sew.
I must be mad.....
And I have been unpicking all the quilting on the baby quilt too.
All those missed stitches......OMG.......it takes forever.......
I'm a little cross with my machine at the moment.

 
The Blood Lilies.


They have all opened up !


The other day I showed this photo.


Well these are the lighter pink ones.
The leaves will come after as well.


The girls layed 7 eggs today.



Until Next Time.


2 comments:

Ellen said...

Good for you for getting all the grunt work done ahead of time for your next 2 quilts. I prefer to have everything all ready too so that I can just sew away!

Sarah said...

I can't imagine taking out all that quilting - it must be quite frustrating. The tension on my machine is all out of wack. It was serviced last August so it should be ok. I'll take it apart *again* and clean it, hoping that will clear out something I've missed. I'm not really up for another trip to the machine tech 2 hours away...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...