Saturday 10 March 2012

Great Sewing Day

Today I finished my third Rose Star block.
Yay.....



And basted my fifth.

Three lovely ladies came for a lesson today.
And Mum of course.
I think they went home happy......
We had coffee and chocolate cake .  Yum....
And we did plenty of talking too. There were some silent moments , when they were concentrating .

While the lovely ladies were sewing , I was quilting my quilt.
My dear old sewing machine decided it didn't want to pick up the bobin thread.
Now I have to unpick a row of quilting as there are missed stitches everywhere......
Mum will lend me her old Janome so I can finish the quilting.
I have to wait until Tuesday to take it to the repair man as Monday is a holiday.

DH's Dad and his wife dropped in this afternoon for a visit.
They are down here for a little trip as her Dad lives in Swan Hill .
We will visit them in June and July for a 3 week holiday........we are nearly counting down the days.
Three weeks in Darwin.........so, so nice.
We haven't been there for 6 years.

The girls layed  6 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Doniene said...

What lovely blocks!! So cheerful! Sounds like relaxing day with the ladies! So sorry about the machine.

Have a great day!

LuAnn said...

Your blocks are just gorgeous. Can't wait to see that quilt top finished.

Shirley said...

I so love your blocks Michelle. I am tempted to start this project. Not that I need another one but the results are just so stunning. Love your colour choices.

Sarah said...

I'm catching up on blogs - I love that stripe in your third rose. I'll have to remember to make sure I have a stripe when I do my roses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...