Thursday 22 March 2012

Happy News !

I have some good news....
Yesterday I went for a job interview.......this morning I had a phone call..... saying I got the job.
Yay!
Induction day is next Tuesday.
So, two happy day's in a row.

Mum has been burning the midnight oil...........lol.
She has finished 7 Rose Star blocks.


I think it's going to be a very nice quilt.
It will blend in with the other EPP quilts she has done in 1800's reproductions.


This is my favourite .


I like the brightness of this one.


The middle of this came about because I cut the wrong shape.
So Mum now has a pretty fussy cut centre.


And the purple one!

Mum came over just before lunch and we did some cleaning out in the sewing room.
I was looking for something and I did eventually find it.
But I can't find my Apple Core template so I had to make another.
I have traced 2 pages of papers for the Apple Cores , I have run out.

I have chosen some fabrics to make more Diamond Hexagons , so I will cut them tomorrow after I get back from town.
I need to buy some clothes for my new job.
I will be working at Safeway Petrol.
Totally different than a Patchwork shop, but a " change is as good as a holiday " they say.

The girls layed 9 eggs today.

Some Pig-Face in flower.

Until Next Time.

5 comments:

Ellen said...

Congratulations on finding a new job so quickly. Your Mom's blocks look great!

Your last line nearly killed me - 'some Pig-Face in flower' I didn't know that you really meant that they were flowers until I read twice! The first time I read it I thought you were just not being complimentary about something (or someone)!! ...I am still laughing!!!

sandra said...

Congrats on the job michelle, hope they give the staff free samples!

nat said...

Well done Chickkie!
How many days are you working??? When do you start? I'm very happy for you.

Impera Magna said...

Congratulations on your new job! That's just fantastic!!!!!

Your mother is really turning out those rose star blocks... and they're all beautiful!

Sarah said...

Woohoo - congrats on the new job. I hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...