Saturday 17 September 2011

Hot Saturday Sewing

 The Jacob's Ladder QAL Block 5.

 And Block 6.

 And all 6 blocks on the design wall.
It is going to look good I think.
I haven't made anything this dark before , only at work.


 This is Mum's new mess on my cutting mat.

 She is making 2 quilts for my Brothers 2 boys.
This is a close up.

 And onother one.

 On the design wall.
One quilt will be a Nine-Patch.

 And the other quilt will be a Nine-Patch and Snowball.
Just so they know who's is who's.
The quilts will be 66"x 90". Big enough for their single beds.
Mum is using Thimbleberries fabrics.
So that is a little of what was done today.

We didn't get up very early as Jacob had a friend stay over and they didn't go to sleep until this morning.
And DH worked last night and he didn't get home until 2.30am so we all had a sleep in.



We also planted up these hanging baskets with Petuna's.
The hanger stand was made by my Grandpa a very long time ago.
DH painted it the same colour we painted the Entertaining Area.

The girls layed 16 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

1 comment:

LuAnn said...

I have a bag of nine patches I've had forever, and I think I am going to set them with snowball blocks. I really like how yours looks. Nice hanger stand from your Grandpa. I hope you will post a photo after the petunias get going. We are at the start of fall here, so it will be time to take the plants inside and empty up the flower pots so they don't freeze. I still wish I had some of your fresh eggs.......Enjoy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...