Friday 30 September 2011

Show Day

 Today started out quite nice.
Then it turned ugly.
I did take these photo's this morning, but after all the rain we have had since I'm not to sure that they will look the same tomorrow.
The rose above is Double Delight.

 Just Joey.
 This one I can't remember.
Yellow roses are my favorite.

 I got a second place for this quilt in our local show.
I made it at work as a sample for the kits we had.
It is Kaye Englands  ( English Pathways ).
And I have the kit at home to make for myself one day.

 This is another I entered  ( American Beauty ) It also was a shop sample and a BOM.
Mum has this at home to make one day.
Not me, I think making it once was enough.


 Mum's Rail Fence quilt.

 And Mums Irish Chain.

 And a Bargello that Mum and I made years ago that has only been quilted.

 And Mums Scrappy Quilt.
It is from a Miss Rosies book.
They are the 6 quilts that we entered in the local show.

 And some of the fire works .

We weren't to sure if they were going to go ahead because of all the rain.
But it did stop.
Eventually.
But not until we were very wet.
And very cold.

No sewing today.

Because we left to go to the show early in the afternoon we didn't pick up the eggs.
So that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Until Next Time.

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

What beautiful roses... and what lovely quilts! Congratulations on your 2nd place award! What a great feeling that must have been!

Hope today is full of sunshine for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...