Thursday 22 September 2011

To Melbourne And Back

 Here is  Zachary watching a movie on the way to Melbourne.
He is eating a bag of Salt and Vinegar chips.
I did tell him that I wouldn't post this picture on my blog.
 But I lied.Lol.


 Here is Mt. Macedon in the distance.
The stuff in the sky is the dirty windscreen.

 And through these trees is the new Royal Childrens Hospital.

 And another view.

We had stopped at the traffic lights for this photo.
It isn't quite finished yet.
Zac will have his operation next year in  Feburary.
In the new Hospital.
The Doctor said he wouldn't spoil his Summer School Holidays.
His Doctor is so nice.
.
He will be having an examination under anesthesia first to see how far his muscles stretch.
Then if they don't,  they will lengthen them in his calf (gastrocnemius lengthening ) and near his hip (soft tissue surgery to increase his abduction range )
Also he will have an operation on his ankle (os calcis lengthening osteotomy )

He will be in plaster for  4 to 6 weeks depending on how it is going.
Then he will have to get another AFO to keep his foot in the right position so it won't go back to the way it will want to go.
He will have to wear it for at least 12 months after the operation.
So he will have a long road ahead, but it needs to be done.
His Epilepsy has left his right leg very week , with no muscle tone and very little control in his ankle.
But it doesn't stop him.

We went to Melbourne and back in 11 hours.
And we are so tired.

No sewing today.
I am not like my friends who can sew and knit in the car.
I GET car sick.

The girls layed 15 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Kylie Lloyd said...

was that a pun at me?? I hope that it all goes well for Zac. Looking forward to Saturday. I will see you in the afternoon.

Simone Harding said...

Or me..?? Good luck with Zac, hope you get some sewing done over the weekend

Michelle said...

Well , just maybe......
It's not fair.
Thanks Simone.

nat said...

Poor old Zac! Hope you had a good day today. School is over for 2 weeks!!! What a shame that I have a monster of an assignment hanging over my head..... See you soonish
xxxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...