Sunday 23 October 2011

Different Things Today

  Today,  with the help of Mum, we moved a few things around out in the sewing room.
My Irish Chain is now on a new design wall.

 I haven't added any more blocks yet, but have been sorting out how many of what I need to finish the 25 patch blocks.
So the above pieces are all I need.

 I pressed the Jelly Roll Race Quilt today and I'm very glad that it is very flat.

 As I don't like to throw anything away, I kept the little triangles from joining the jelly roll and sewn them into half square triangles.
They are all pressed and I have trimmed a few.
I managed to  get  1 3/4" squares.
I think I might make a purse with them.
What do you think ?

 I have also been getting blocks ready for he JL QAL.
This mess will be 16 blocks.

I have 4 blocks waiting by my machine.
They may wait  a while..........

My Dad left to go home today.
By the time Grandma was ready it was nearly 8am.
Which wasn't to late to leave.
I bet she was stiff and sore when she got out of the car after a 6 hour drive.
Then my Brother came and picked up his car from our house,  as he left it here last night , because they all had a bit too much to drink. ( he stayed at my other Brothers house )

I hope it rains tomorrow like they say,  because it was bloody hot today.

The girls have layed 35 eggs over the last 2 days.

Until Next Time.

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

Wow... you've been busy... as busy as a bunch o' hens laying eggs at your house, huh?

:)

Your Jelly Roll quilt looks great and it's nice to have all the parts cut out for your JL blocks, isn't it? Now it's just sit and sew!

Loving your Irish chain progress... it's going to be lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...