Saturday 8 October 2011

A Mistake. Yes !

 As I was home alone today I got a little sewing done.
1 block.


 2 blocks.

3 blocks.
And this leads to block 4.

There are a lot of people that say I sew perfectly. And I tell them that I don't, that I do make mistakes.
See.
A mistake.
And why is it that you don't see them,  until you look at a photo.


Oh well, I will have to unpick tomorrow.


The design wall at the moment.
The offending block is in the left bottom corner.


 Mum did come over and keep me company for a couple of hours and  she got these strip sets sewn.

 I did something different today and started something that I am making for a friend.
I hope she likes the colours.
It should be ready for next Sunday.


DH took the boys fishing and shooting today.


My cousin who loves in South Australia ( thats where I grew up ) was working in the city and stopped to have morning tea.
He turned around and saw this.
It is the grave of our Great Grandmother. Who died before we were born.
As there are not very many people with the surname,  he rang my brother,  who then rang me.
Fanny was my Grandpa's Mum.
And my Dad's Grandma.
Grandma said that she played the piano beautifully.
And all words she said that started with an A she would put a H in front.

So the Hants are crawling up the wall. Lol.

I would have liked to have known her, but it wasn't to be.

The girls layed 13 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who has to unsew blocks! No matter how careful you are... those oopsies sneak up on you!

Are the "J" and "H" blocks for this quilt too? Front? Back? Cool idea...

How wonderful your cousin happened upon your great-grandmother's grave... and now you all have a photo of it!

Go girls... you are some egg-laying machines!

:)

Simone Harding said...

I am sure your friend will love what you make can't wait to see it all done.

Ellen said...

I have had to unpick a couple of mine too! You are making great progress with your blocks.

Annette said...

I can totally relate to your switched around block. I do that all the time, and like you said, you don't see it until the photo...or worse yet...after the quilt is all finished. That's awesome about finding your grandmother's headstone. Good story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...