Sunday 16 October 2011

It's Getting Bigger

 It's growing.

Kylie  my friend came over today to sew.
We had a great time.
She finished a baby quilt top that she has been making for a friend. You can check it out on her blog.

 After having enough sewing of my Irish Chain I started something new.
A jelly roll all messed up.

 Here,  half sewn together.
I am making the Jelly Roll 1600 Quilt.
You can find it  here.
It isn't like I have anything else to do, but I thought,  why not ?
I thought I was never going to finish sewing the strips together. Wouldn't like to make binding that long. lol.


 I have sewn the first row and I really thought I WAS ever going to get to the end !
As I am working all week I'm not sure when I will get back to it.

 Mum made a oopsie today.

 And the blocks are starting to come together.

 Some of Kylie's blocks for the baby quilt see was making.

 The view from my sewing chair, looking at one of the rose gardens. It's the one with the climbing roses.
Do you like my curtain ? It is one of the very first quilts I made and it is falling apart.

Today I noticed that one of our cactus is going to flower.

I hope they come out tomorrow.
I will take a photo.

The girls layed 17 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Jelly Roll Races quilts are fun but that first seam is a doozy!

Your yard is so beautiful.... and that cactus is going to have huge blooms... can't wait to see...

Lots of quilty progress going on at your house...

Simone Harding said...

love the pink still!
Glad Kylie visited you and you both some got sewing done.

what a view from your window, gorgeous.

cant wait to see your jelly roll quilt either.

Kylie Lloyd said...

Had a super fun time. Can't wait to do it again. Got heaps done. I really should blog about it too.

Ellen said...

Love the Irish Chain quilt blocks - it is going to be such a pretty quilt! So nice that you and your Mom sew together.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...