Wednesday 18 January 2012

A Very Sad Day

Today's post is going to be one of those that no one wants to write about.
This morning my darling Aunty Fay died.
She was one of Mum's big sisters.
I can say now that she is pain free and now with Uncle Geoff.
But that doesn't make us feel any better.
It was a great shock to everyone , as she was going home from the hospital today.
And I know Mum will probably not sleep a wink tonight.


This photo was taken nearly 2 years ago at Grandma's 90th.
Aunty Fay is the short one and Mum's oldest sister Aunty Lorraine.
Aunty Lorraine had a very bad stroke 5 years ago and we nearly lost her too.
Mum has had a very rough trot, losing 2 of her brothers,  and now Aunty Fay in the space of 2 years.


I have started sewing some of the binding down on the Jelly Roll race quilt that I made ages ago.
Well it seems like ages.
I am giving the quilt to my cousin who lost her husband late last year.
She can then have a hug from me at any time.

At work I have been doing this.


My poor fingers.
I was so scared that I would accidently cut through the leaves and have to start all over again.
I would have not been happy.


This is the finished block.
I am up to block 4.

The girls layed 11 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Michelle - How awful for y'all when you thought Aunty Fay was coming home today. Instead she is painfree and with her family gone before her. I wish you all the best and please take care of yourselves.

Simone Harding said...

Sending you lots of hugs. Please tell mum I am thinking of her. Your poor fingers! I am glad the binding is going on always a great feeling!

LuAnn said...

I will be thinking about you and praying for your family. So sorry to read about Aunt Fay. Take care.

nat said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you all at this very sad time. Give H a big kiss and a hug from me. Xxxxxxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...