Friday 5 August 2011

No. 35

 Well I did manage to get hexagon no. 35 finished today.

Mum did finally finish the logcabin blocks today.
And we had to get it up on the design wall straight away.
It is going to have a red inner border and brown outer border and the same red for the binding.

 And a bit of a close up.

 This is the first block for " Mrs. Billing's Coverlet ( Somerset Patchwork ) with 7 more to come.
I think I know what fabrics I will be using but that could change .

 So first up I had to cut up some of the hexagons into diamonds ( they are really small ) and the hexagons are only 5/8ths of an inch.
But first I have to choose a background .
I will probably get a Moda Bella Solid.

The first of my purchases from the show to be cut up. These will be an outside round for the next hexagon no. 36.

I managed to get three loads of washing washed , hung on the line and dry before it rained.
It hasn't rained much but I hope we get more.
The grain crops need it.

The girls layed a bakers dozen today.

Until Next Time.

1 comment:

Simone Harding said...

Michelle, I am loving your hexagons...
I am in need of some fabric to make hexagon quilt from vignette.
I lhope to find one.
Meant to rain here tomorrow..off to get hair cut tomorrow..
Soccer too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...