Thursday 4 August 2011

Spring Already ?

 Well I have started hexagon no. 35 and hopefully I will finish it tomorrow and start another all going well.

 This is DH's loquat tree.  He loves them. This is the first year that they have fruited. I hope he gets to eat them before the birds do.

 And this is one of our pea plants, it has gone a little crazy in the glasshouse. It is as tall as me and is flowering well.                                                                                                                                                                                      

 Our very first Daffodil.
I think Spring really has sprung.

 Yellow flowers are my favourite.


And our little babies are doing well.

They are a week old now.
On Saturday if the weather permits DH will finish their little coop and they can go outside in the fresh air.

Grandma had a health assesment today and then a Doctors appointment as well so we were in town for quite a while.
Mum came for the outing as well.
We actually had a sit down lunch which is something that we never do , but we had to fill in time as Grandma's appointments were two hours apart.

Today I posted the baby quilts off to Canada. I just hope that they arrive safely to their new home.

And what another glorious day, nice and warm .
It is geting windy outside now and they say we might get some rain but I won't hold my breath.

The girls layed 11 eggs today.

Until Next time.

3 comments:

LuAnn said...

My husband was raised on a farm, and I remember his Mom raising chickens. There is nothing like fresh laid eggs either. Your hexagons are just beautiful.

Michelle said...

Thank-you ! There is nothing like growing up with space and fresh air, I know I did.....

Kylie Lloyd said...

Alicia loves the chickens and is asking to come and see them.

Had an idea for a challenge for the retreat weekend. Check this out and tell me what you think? It looks fun and the top is made in record time. Fastest time was 35 minutes.

http://blog.heirloomcreations.net/?p=1897
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EomX7t7to_o

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...