Friday 23 December 2011

Busy , Busy........

Christmas is a lot of work !

All the meat has been thawing  today as I will be cooking it all tomorrow.
I have boiled a couple dozen eggs  and peeled them so I can curry them tomorrow.
I have made 2 different desserts and I will cream the pavlova christmas day.
Grandma will cook the turkey in her oven and I will cook the chickens and pork in mine.
We also have ham.
Grandma has made the stuffing and we will stuff the birds tomorrow.
Granny and I will be making some of the salads tomorrow as well.
This is the first time we will be having a cold lunch.
The reason is that DH has to work a twilight shift christmas eve so he will be getting home between 3:30 and 5:00am depending !!
So he will have to sleep for a few hours , try to socialize , eat  lunch then be ready for work again by 2pm.
He is going to be a zombie........
He does get boxing day off though.


 I also got the buttons and button holes on the dresses.


This is one of the books I made.
So everything is made wrapped and under the tree.
And that is a first !!
So no more staying up wrapping presents to all hours for this little black duck.
Might have to do the same next year. Lol.

Only 2 more sleeps !

The girls layed yesterday and today 25 eggs.

Until Next Time.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

That sounds like quite a spread you are preparing! How many people will you have over for dinner?
Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...