Monday 9 July 2012

Day 15 In Darwin

I do have photo's of today but I haven't loaded them.

We were up early and headed out to Litchfield National Park.
( I did stop at the supermarket to get makings for salad rolls )

First stop was at the Magnetic Termite Mounds.
As I was bursting to go to the ladies room I headed straight to the toilet........and as I was heading up all these people were acting a bit strange..........there was a snake in the toilets.
( It was huge.....I'm not kidding )
People were taking pictures.......
I did brave and went into another cubicle.......
I got out safe!

Next stop was the Wangi Falls.
( It wasn't the next on the list but it was as far as we were going , so we thought we would do that first and back track)
The last time we were in Darwin the Falls were closed and we couldn't swim as crocodiles were seen.
But this time we got to swim.
As there were heaps of people swimming and hadn't been eaten ,  I did go in.
It was glorious.

Then we had lunch .

Next was Buley Rockhole.
Heaps of people again.....
But we managed to find a spot to swim.

Then to Florence Falls.
All those steps.
Much easier to go down the steps than back up.
We were there for ages.
The boys had so much fun under the waterfalls and jumping off too.

We were going to call back into Berry Springs but ran out of time.
Maybe next time we come visit Grandpa.

No sewing today.

Until Next Time.

2 comments:

Simone Harding said...

Amazing. I would have found a hush if there was a sign of a snake. Ewwww. Can't wait to see the pics it sounds like it was a magical day.
Keep safe and watch for those crocodiles. I have just finished reading The Silent Country by Di Morrissey about Darwin. Fantastic.

Doniene said...

I'm sure I would have a hard time swimming if there was even a tiny little hint of a croc!!!! sounds lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...