Monday 30 July 2012

More Goodies

More show and tell.....


A few more 30cm pieces and a metre of a blue stripe .


A quilt kit that Mum bought.


And the fabrics in the kit....... love them.


The new range from Bonnie and Camille.
"Marmalade"
It was still a layer cake this afternoon..........then I went out to the sewing room after tea and cut it all up.


And some of it looks like this now.
I have 4 squares of each fabric that will become a hexie.
I'm using 2" hexies to make a quilt for my bed.
I'm also using "Ruby" and "Vintage Modern" too.
The quilt will require over 500 hexies so I'm waiting for a fat quarter pack of "Marmalade" as I don't quite have enough fabric.
I think I will go through a bit of glue basting all of these.

I have finished the quilting on the prairie point quilt , and pinned one side of points on.
I will sew it tomorrow.

I had a visitor come and do a bit of stitching after tea as well.
Kylie had a couple quiet hours  to sew with Mum and me.

I forgot to pick up the eggs tonight......oops !!

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Love all those blue fabrics... and the quilt kit too!

Look at you go with the Marmalade hexies! You've been busy... no wonder you didn't have time to pick up eggs...

Doniene said...

Oh, those fabrics are absolutely wonderful!! The blue - oooolala!! The quilt kit will be lovely!! So fun to sit and stitch with a friend!!

Blessings

Simone Harding said...

Thanks for posting pics love your new fabrics. Such good news you had a visit from Kylie. Next Weekwnd you are getting some more special visitors. So excited.

Sarah said...

Again, very pretty new fabrics. *Your* bed quilt is going to be lovely - can't wait to see it come together and I must say you are a speedy baster. I've finished 2 rose stars now, and fussy cut a third this morning.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...