Saturday 4 June 2011

What We Did Today

 One of our 3 cats lounging on the arm chair, he sure looks comfortable.
 Here he is posing out the front.
 Day 4 of Winter and the Roses are still blooming ( DH in the background , he had just finished with the rotary hoe )
 This will be the Glass House. The laser-lite will be on the roof  and the real glass on the walls.
 From a different angle ( I did'nt want DH putting glass on the roof it is too high )
 The potato patch  ( Well it will be )
 and  the new garden bed which I planted full of silverbeet to feed the chickens (because I don't like it )
 I finally sewed the borders on this quilt that I will be sending to Canada to the daughter of a friend that we met in 2005 when our son was in the Royal Childrens Hospital in Melbourne. She was doing work experience and sat with Zachary while DH had a break. He was in  hospital for 8 weeks and had 2 major brain surgery's ( Epilepsy ) he is now seizure free. And as Jess is having baby no.2 I had better finish this and do the embroidery on the new baby quilt.
 This is my Diamond Hexagon Quilt  (the bottom left corner )
And one I am sewing together right now. I love the fussy cut one's. On another note Grandma was feeling much better today and made 2 lot's of double cake mixture and being the Granddaughter  I had to make sure the bowl was clean LOL. She also made 2 dozen cupcakes ( they are in the freezer for the boys lunches ).  Zachary had a friend over to go buggy driving out in the scrub behind our house ,so with gardening , cake baking , building and sewing we all had a great day. My eldest played on the computer his favorite pastime ( he will be doing his homework tomorrow ) or else ! Until next time.                                                                   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...