Monday 13 June 2011

Winter Jobs

 The 5 logcabin blocks Mum did yesterday  ( I forgot to post ) It is using 3 sisters fabric Astor Manor. When it's finished it will have 2 borders , and as Mum has only 16 blocks left that won't be to far away.









Mum finished another 5 blocks today. Here are all 10. I have no idea how many logcabins Mum has made. Lots.


And I have been cutting and cutting ( still have'nt finished though ) it hurts my hands, so I will just do a little bit at a time.











DH and I pruned some of our fruit trees  this morning  ( peach, necterine, apricot, quince, nashi, 2 apples and 2 plums )  we still have 5 pear trees to do.

My  Brother and his Girlfriend and her two little girls came for cake and coffee before lunch so we had a good excuse to have a break. It was nice on  Grandma's Verandah in the warm Winter sun.

After  DH left for work I sewed a little , cut a little and played a little while Mum sewed on her logcabins.

 The girls layed 5 eggs today.

Back to work tomorrow and Wednesday then I have to work all next week as Sue and Malcolm will be in Sydney for the Craft and Quilt Fair.

Until Next Time.

2 comments:

Simone Harding said...

I am loving your mum's log cabin blocks.It is wonderful that you can share time together working on things you love.

You just might get a special visitor next Tuesday......

rubyslipperz1052 said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Log Cabin is one of fav quilt patterns!

hugZ,
annie
rubyslipperz106.blogspot.com
=) new follower =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...