Wednesday 27 June 2012

Day 3 In Darwin

Day 3 saw us go to the Darwin Military Museum.


My 3 boys.
The ocean was a beautiful teal colour today  .......  very inviting !
( except that saltwater crocodiles live there )
Oh , and sharks .


Me and my boys .


We were standing in front of this big gun.
Don't ask me what it is.
I did take photo's of all the labels of what things were .
( a bit like at a quilt show )
Lol.
When we get to put all the photo's on a DVD at least we will know what we are looking at.



Straight after the museum we went to pick up my brother from the truck depot.
We took him out to lunch to a nice tavern.
The lunch was so nice.
Zachary is sitting in the drivers seat of the truck that my brother drives from Adelaide to Darwin every week.
It takes them about 35 hours one way.
Another driver goes too and they take it in turns driving while the other sleeps .


The truck is painted with pictures of Ned Kelly .
This is the drivers side.


The back of the prime mover.


And the passenger side.

It was nice to see my brother ..... we might just do it again next week.

My nose has dried up with the pills I have and the sneezing has stopped ( thank-you God )

No sewing today.
But I did do some hexie basting yesterday.

Until Next Time.

2 comments:

Simone Harding said...

Wow I have seen trucks like these before. Incredible. So glad you are having a great time.

Sarah said...

Wow, I just can't even imagine a 35 hour trip every week, partner or no. That's a very long trip.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...