Saturday 4 February 2012

Home Made Is Best

I finally finished it.
My first Rose Star block.


I will continue and make more.
How many ?  I'm not sure yet.


Today was sauce making day.
I have no idea how much stuff  this great big boiler has made , but I can say quite a lot !
Grandma has had it for so long.
It has made pickles and chutneys and sauce and every jam there is.



So we ended up with 12 kgs of tomatoes for the sauce.
Most of them were Roma's.
I snuck in one zucchini too.


I chopped the apples.
And Grandma chopped the onions ( they make me cry )


Jacob helped me carry the pot from Grandma's house to our house.
We did the chopping over there as DH was sleeping.
So at 12.30pm the pot was on the stove.


The strainer has been around for ever as well.
It is missing the knob off the handle but it still does the job.


And at 5 minutes to 9pm this is what we had to show for our efforts.
19 big bottles and 4 little ones.
Mum came over just as I had put it back on the stove to cook after straining it and stayed to help me bottle it.

My house smells like sauce and I love it !

The girls layed 10 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

Your sauce looks great. What do you use the sauce with/on/in? I love your Rose Star block. Even if this is the only one, it would make a nice medallion center.

Sarah said...

Such a yummy looking sauce - I never would have guessed it had apple and zucc in it. Do you "can" the bottles or just freeze them?

I still looooove the Rose Star and look longingly at my saved fabric almost everyday but I need to get my hexie diamonds done first. I will live vicariously thru you in the meantime!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...