Saturday 18 February 2012

Saturday Sew Day

I got an early start out in the sewing room today.

I traced , cut and basted more joining blocks and added two more .

I have also been sewing my mystery quilt.

And I  helped Mum cut some of her strip sets.
So she is now off and racing. :)
It won't be long until it's finished.


Mum came for a ride to Swan Hill with me , as I took 9 chickens and a rooster in for Sue.
DH helped catch them . ( we are now like chicken farmers ) Lol.
We were in and back in an hour , with a quick stop at the supermarket too.

Here are some of the chicks from the blue eggs.


The ones that look white do have faint lines on them like the others , so it will be interesting to see how they turn out.

The girls layed  an even dozen today.

Until Next Time.

4 comments:

Simone Harding said...

Thanks for sharing those joining blocks. Hope tomorrow is a great day!

Vivian said...

The block is stunning! Love the fabrics you're using, and thanks for showing how they'll be joined together. Anybody who thinks EPP is only hexagons should have a good look at this block. Hexagon projects are cool, but this block is over the top. Those cheddar pieces are the most unusual EPP shapes I've ever seen.
I enjoy the updates about the girls, both the mature ones and the little ones.

Impera Magna said...

Great job on joining those blocks together... I had no idea how you were planning on doing it! Gonna be a fab quilt...

Love the baby chicks... too cute!

Sarah said...

Your rose looks great wtih the connector blocks. I made a lot of progress on my hexie diamonds this weekend - including getting more fabric cut and deciding exactly how big it will be. Let the countdown to finish begin :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...