Saturday 16 July 2011

Nearly There !

 I did get it quilted today, and trimmed and the binding made. I might take it tomorrow to our monthly sewing day and sew it on.
 What I have chosen for the sashings for my charm square packs is a Moda Solid no. 11. It will be a very simple quilt, one that I have always liked. I am not sure when I will start it ( because I have a cupboard full of UFO,S ) but it is there if I get itchy feet.
 I forgot to turn this photo but you can still see what they are. I have indulged a little and got some half metre bits of  "jingle all the way "  by Nancy Halvorsen to go with all the other ones that I have.
I will use them for the Christmas Cards quilt along with my friend Kylie.
DH was busy yesterday and carted wheelbarrow loads ( he lost count ) of dirt to fill in the gaps along the bottom of the glasshouse.
 This is the back view of the planting area with gravel around the bottom  instead of dirt as the floor in the planting area is gravel.
And a few rows of glass on the roof in the planting area . DH has been a very busy boy .
 And this is what I have been doing tonight while watching the footy.
And this is a littlr bit more of it.
I will post where I found it tomorrow and a picture ( I hope ) of it finished.

The girls layed 12 eggs today.

Until Next Time.

2 comments:

LuAnn said...

I love your quilt and the checked binding. That will really look sharp. I am going to start a Christmas quilt soon with an off white jelly roll, charms, and some squares I've cut from my Christmas stash. Can't wait to see what is in the charm packs!

Michelle said...

Thanks. I can't wait either but as I have a cupboard full of UFO'S like everyone else I better not start anything new just yet, unless I get ichy feet LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...